Three UTA students drowned in two unrelated incidents in Oklahoma earlier this week.

Teja Voleti, 22, and Ajay Koyalamudi, 24, drowned at Turner Falls Park on Tuesday in Davis, Oklahoma.

Both were graduate international students in the College of Engineering, said university spokesperson Joe Carpenter, in an email.

Davis Police Chief Dan Cooper said Davis firefighters recovered Voleti’s and Koyalamudi’s bodies at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Cooper said it's still unclear what led to the students drowning, but neither was wearing a life jacket, and officials suspect neither could swim well.

Davis Police has contacted the Consulate General of India in Houston, he said.

According to the park’s website, there are no lifeguards and parkgoers swim at their own risk.

Kedarnadh Chennareddy, College of Engineering graduate student, drowned Monday at Beavers Bend State Park in Broken Bow, Oklahoma, Carpenter said. He was 23.

University officials are also reaching out to Voleti’s, Koyalamudi’s and Chennareddy's friends and colleagues to offer support, Carpenter said.

“This is heartbreaking news, and UTA joins in the grief we all feel at losing members of our community,” he said.

Student Affairs also offers resources and support to those who need it.

Counseling and Psychological Services is available for students 24/7 at 817-272-8255 and uta.edu/caps, and the Office for International Education can be reached at 817-272-2355.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available

@Brian_L8