crime

This is a crime wrapup for Nov. 8 to Nov. 13.

Assault-Offensive/Provocative Physical Contact

A female student reported a female staff member touched her on the buttocks at the Life Science Building on Nov. 13 at around 7 p.m., according to the UTA crime log.

The staff member was issued a citation for Offensive/Provocative Contact, said UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord.

According to the Texas Penal Code, assault for offensive/provocative contact is a class C misdemeanor. A class C misdemeanor is punishable by a fine up to $500.

Offensive Physical Contact Against Family Member

A female staff member reported a female student who pepper-sprayed her roommate at Kalpana Chawla Hall on Nov. 11 at around 9 p.m., according to the UTA crime log.

The two female student roommates were arguing when one of the roommates used pepper spray on the other, McCord said.

The roommate that used the pepper spray was issued a citation for Offensive/Provocative Contact.

According to the Texas Penal Code, assault for Offensive/provocative contact is a class C misdemeanor. A class C misdemeanor is punishable by a fine up to $500.

Assault-Offensive/Provocative Physical Contact, Public Intoxication under 21 and Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor

A female student reported being touched on the buttocks by an intoxicated male student at Texas Hall on Nov. 8 at around 9 p.m., according to the UTA crime log.

The male student was arrested for Public Intoxication, Offensive/Provocative Contact and Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor and was taken to Arlington Police Department Jail, McCord said.

Public intoxication by someone under 21 is a Class C misdemeanor. A class C misdemeanor is punishable by a fine up to $500. Consumption of alcohol by a minor is a Class C misdemeanor. A class C misdemeanor is punishable by a fine up to $500.

Assault-Physical Contact

A female student reported a male student touched her on the buttocks at the Central Library on Nov. 13 at around 9 p.m., according to the UTA crime log.

This incident is under investigation, McCord said.

Stalking

A female student reported being stalked by a nonstudent male at Pie Five Pizza Co. on Nov. 8 at around 6 p.m., according to the UTA crime log.

The student reported that the male had made multiple contacts with her, making her feel uncomfortable, McCord said.

The case is currently active, according to the crime log.

According to the Texas Penal Code, stalking is a third-degree felony. A third-degree felony is punishable by a jail term between two to 10 years, and may include a fine of up to $10,000.

Stalking

A female student reported being stalked by a male student at Vandergriff Hall on Nov. 11 at around 6 p.m., according to the UTA crime log.

The female student said the male student followed her and made unwanted contact with her.

@DavidSilvaetc