Garrison Hawley

Garrison Hawley, a Texas Wesleyan University student, was found dead Monday night in his car according to Josh Lacy, director of sports information. Hawley was a junior varsity basketball player and an English major. 

A man was found dead in a parked car near the west corridor of the UTA campus on Monday evening, according to the university's activity log.

The Arlington Police department found Garrison Hawley, 21, in the front right floorboard of the car at 5:05 p.m. on the 1100 block of Benge Drive, less than a mile from the Centennial Court apartments, according the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s office.

Hawley was not a UTA student.

Sgt. Christopher Cook of the Arlington Police Department said there are no signs of foul play and Hawley had a medical history.

Hawley attended Texas Wesleyan University as a junior varsity basketball player and English major, according to The Rambler.

Officials from the university's athletic department believe Hawley died of complications from diabetes, according to The Rambler. His mother could not reach him over the weekend and she called Texas Wesleyan asking for a security check.

After a missing person's report was filed with the city of Fort Worth, Hawley was later found dead in his car.

He lived in Missouri City, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's report. There is no listed cause of death.

UTA Assistant Chief Rick Gomez said the Arlington Police Department is heading the investigation.

UTA police officers assisted Arlington at the crime scene.

Anyone with more information on the case can contact the Arlington Police department at 817-459-5700.

@telishabrown

telisha.brown@mavs.uta.edu