default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Sorority partners with city to clean up Fish Creek

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:00 am

Delta Xi Nu, a multicultural sorority, hosts the Trinity Trash Bash from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Fish Creek, at the intersection of Collins Street and New York Avenue.

The event, which is open to the public, is part of Honey Week, full of events and information for students interested in joining the sorority.

Volunteers should wear long pants and work gloves to protect hands and legs, and may want to bring a hat and apply sunscreen.

The sorority signed up with the city of Arlington to clean Fish Creek, one of four locations on the Trinity River available for community service clean-ups. This is one of the sorority’s community service projects for the semester.

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Recent Activity

Featured Classified Ad