On Nov. 27, the Tarrant County Second Court of Appeals upheld its decision to dismiss Pinnacle Corp. President Robert Johnson’s lawsuit against term limits, according to the court judgment document.

The appeal hearing was a result of the lawsuit being dismissed in February 2019. The term limits will stay intact.

The case is in regards to the 2018 term limit election results that limited the mayor and city council members to three two-year terms, according to a previous Shorthorn article.

Johnson had sued the city and Mayor Jeff Williams over the voter-approved term limits measure, according to a previous Shorthorn article. Johnson’s lawsuit questioned whether council members Robert Shepard and Sheri Capehart would step down at the next municipal election or finish their term in 2020.

Both Shepard and Capehart currently serve on the council.

He claimed he was misled by petitioners, given the difference in the language between the petition to get the charter amendment on the ballot and the final ballot measure.

The measure was put on the ballot after a citizen-led petition by Arlington Voice president Zack Maxwell, according to a previous Shorthorn article. The decision opened the mayor and city council district seats three through five for the 2019 municipal elections.

The court also ordered Johnson to pay all the costs of the appeal.

@bjgarcia27