Nursing and Health Innovation dean to retire

Anne Bavier, College of Nursing and Health Innovation dean, speaks at the Dream Makers Scholarship Luncheon March 6, 2017, in the Bluebonnet Ballroom. Bavier announced Feb. 26 that she will retire by the end of this academic year. 

UTA has begun to search for a new College of Nursing and Health Innovation dean.

Teik Lim, provost and academic affairs vice president, announced in a message Monday that college dean Anne Bavier will retire at the end of the academic year.

Lim said in an email that there are no plans to appoint an interim dean at this time.

“Dean Bavier has agreed to stay on as dean until we find a replacement dean,” he said.

Bavier announced her retirement late last year, Lim said.

Bavier was appointed the college’s dean April 2014, according to the university website. Before UTA, she served as dean at the University of Connecticut School of Nursing and Saint Xavier University School of Nursing in Chicago.

She also worked as a program director at the National Institutes of Health’s National Cancer Institute and as deputy director at the Office of Research on Women’s Health.

Bavier earned her Bachelor of Science in nursing from Duke University in 1970, her Master of Science in nursing from Emory University in 1973 and her doctorate from Duquesne University in 2003.

She’s served as a member in multiple nursing societies, including the American Academy of Nursing and American Cancer Society.

The university added an opening for the dean position to the senior leadership page on its website.

UTA’s senior leadership page has a link to a description of the job as well as expectations and qualifications. Qualifications included the ability to grow enrollment, administrative skills and a documented history of strong fundraising skills.

The university is conducting a global search for candidates and will consider internal and external individuals. 

@colby_farr