Karbhari elected into European Academy of Sciences and Arts

President Vistasp Karbhari addresses students during Pizza with the President on Sept. 18 in the University Center. Karbhari was elected into the European Academy of Sciences and Arts, according to a Nov. 27 UTA press release.

President Vistasp Karbhari was elected into the European Academy of Sciences and Arts, according to a Nov. 27 UTA press release.

Founded in 1990, the academy is a European association committed to scientific and social progress, according to its website. Those elected have demonstrated “sustained excellence in an academic field.”

The academy’s members are split up in eight classes. Karbhari was elected into the technical and environmental sciences class which is overseen by Dean Maks Babuder.

A member nominated Karbhari and he was elected by the academy’s senate, which is made up of deans from each class.

“It’s always an honor to be recognized by one’s peers for contributions and achievements,” Karbhari said. “However, it’s a greater honor and privilege for me to serve UTA and be able to celebrate the accomplishments of our outstanding faculty, staff and students.”

According to the release, Karbhari is also a fellow of several organizations including the National Academy of Inventors, the American Society of Civil Engineers and has authored or coauthored more than 460 papers.

@colby_farr