JCPenney Suit Up event to offer professional attire at discounted prices for UTA students

Then biology freshman Abreham Bekele looks through tie collection during the JCPenney Suit-Up event Sept. 16, 2018 at The Parks Mall at Arlington. The event is available for students after regular store hours and offers discounts on most business attire to help students prepare for the professional world.

The UTA JCPenney Suit Up event will be held from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Sunday at The Parks Mall at Arlington.

All students, alumni, faculty and staff with a valid UTA ID will be able to purchase career attire such as shoes, belts and ties at an extra 30% off of all regular, sale and clearance priced professional clothing, according to a Lockheed Martin Career Development Center email. This year, nursing scrubs will be included via online purchase only.

Students will also be provided with food, free bus rides from the Maverick Activities Center to JCPenney, makeovers by Sephora and professional headshots.

The event is designed to help in purchasing career appropriate attire before attending the All Majors Job Fair on Sept. 25, the email stated. The job fair will have over 150 employers looking to fill full-time, part-time and internship positions.

“Professional attire just sets you up for the start of your career,” said Carol Kumm, project management assistant director. “Pretty much, every major at some point in time is going to need some form of interview attire or something for an internship or for a job.”

@NolenJulia