Invasive visual recording, check forgery reported

This is a wrapup of crime for the week of Aug 19.

Forgery, financial instruments

A female staff member reported a forged check written in the university’s name at the Division of Business Affairs on Aug. 19 around 11:30 a.m.

The check was written in the amount of $3,375, according to the UTA crime log. UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord said the payments on the checks were denied and no financial loss occurred on the part of the university.

According to the Texas Penal Code, forgery/financial instrument valued at $2,500 or more but less than $30,000 is a state jail felony. A state jail felony is punishable by a fine not to exceed $10,000, a jail term not more than two years or less than 180 days or both.

Invasive Visual Recording

A male student reported an unidentified male taking pictures in a University Center restroom on Aug. 21 around 10 a.m, according to the UTA crime log.

The investigation into the incident is currently active.

According to the Texas Penal Code, an invasive visual recording is a state jail felony. A state jail felony is punishable by a fine not to exceed $10,000, a jail term not more than two years or less than 180 days or both.

Criminal Trespass

Two female students reported a male student entered their apartment without permission at Centennial Court Apartments on Aug. 17 around 8:30 p.m, according to the UTA crime log.

According to the Texas Penal Code, criminal trespass of a habitation is a class A misdemeanor. A class A misdemeanor is punishable by a jail term of up to a year, a fine of up to $4,000 or both.

@DavidSilvaetc