The hours of operation for dining options and various resources around campus have changed for the summer intersession.

The Maverick Activities Center has changed its hours to accommodate the lower amount of students during the summer intersession and closes two hours earlier during weekdays. Hours of operation can be found on the campus recreation website, said Campus Recreation director Dax Kuykendall.

For students taking summer classes, the new hours at the MAC could create schedule problems.

Advertising junior Isaiah Robles said he works out at the MAC three times a week.

“The days that I have busy mornings, I’m not able to go later at night [now],” Robles said.

He said he wishes the MAC was open longer.

Chick-fil-A, Panda Express, and the Starbucks in the University Center are open until 3 p.m. while the Starbucks location in the commons is open until 4 p.m. Hours for other dining options can be found on the Dine on Campus website, Kuykendall said.

For the summer, the campus libraries have also scaled back their hours. All services that are available during regular semesters will also be available during the summer intersession, said associate university librarian Suzanne Byke in an email.

The FabLab is open until 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 8 p.m. Friday through Sunday, according to the UTA Libraries website.

“The most significant change is that during the summer semester Central Library is open until 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday night and until 2 a.m. Sunday through Thursday,” Byke said.

@MCastloo