Health center renovations to relocate psychiatric, insurance and immunization services

The basement has been updated with fresh paint June 25 in the Health Services building. The basement will receive new furniture to make the space more functional.

The Health Services building is undergoing renovations that are expected to be complete by July 22.

All three floors of the building are expected to be updated, said Yvonne Medrano, Health Services communications and accreditation coordinator, from new signs on the main floor lobby to new flooring and lighting on the second floor.

The lobby is being updated with fresh paint June 25 inside of the Health Services building. New paint is one part of the renovations the health center is undergoing over the summer.

While the second floor primarily houses administrative offices, services such as psychiatric, insurance and immunization are also affected by the second floor revamp, she said.

Medrano said the renovations will not disrupt services.

Immunizations will be moved downstairs, health insurance services will be available in the front office and psychiatric appointments will be moved to Ransom Hall.

The second floor carpet June 25 inside the Health Services building. The carpet will be removed and replaced because it contains asbestos.

Medrano added that the timing of the renovations couldn’t be better.

“Summer’s a perfect time, we don’t have as many students coming through,” she said.