The inaugural Health and Wellness Fair will bring vendors and educators to the University Center Palo Duro Lounge from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday.

Health Services has partnered with The Shorthorn to host this event. In previous years, the event was called the Wellness Expo, but this year it has been rebranded and will coincide with the publication of The Shorthorn Health and Wellness edition in print and online.

Free massages, giveaways and free HIV testing will be provided at the event. Twenty-three vendors and community partners are expected at the event.

This event aims to educate students about the different areas of health and wellness that affect their overall well-being.

“The Health and Wellness Fair this year is really expanding on what we’ve done in the past, looping in the community, and really just showing different opportunities or partners that we have,” said Latoya Oduniyi, Health Services assistant director.

Health Services has identified eight pillars of health that students need to be holistically healthy, Oduniyi said.

The pillars are physical, social, emotional, occupational, financial, spiritual, intellectual and environmental health. Vendors and educators at the event will provide information on each, she said.

This information is transferable beyond college and can build lifelong habits, said Maia Dean, peer health educator and public health senior.

“You have to have a balance of the different dimensions in order to be a highly effective [and] functioning person,” Dean said.

Hughes Cowart, peer health educator and public health senior, said he hopes students learn more about the resources at the Health Center and Health Services from the event.

“It’s important that UTA students know that there are these resources there for them, and that there are people here on this campus — even their fellow students — who are dedicated to the cause,” Cowart said.

@reeseoxner