Applications to join the Graduate Student Council’s planning committee close at midnight Friday.

Graduate Student Council is open to all graduate students at UTA. Members plan and implement events so graduate students can network and interact with people outside of their discipline, according to the organization’s website.

The planning committee will plan out the organization’s spring semester, said President Anais Pierce.

According to the organization’s website, requirements for members include being available every other Wednesday evening for meetings, enrollment in at least 3 hours of coursework and having at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.

“We are trying to make [graduate] students’ lives a little bit better here on campus [and] recognize that grad students are part of the student body,” she said.

On the executive board, the council has vacancies for vice president, secretary and public relations director. Students need to be on the planning committee prior to joining the board.

The first general body meeting is on Wednesday and is open to all students, Pierce said.

Students can attend general meetings and don’t have to commit to being on the planning committee if they have other commitments, Pierce said.

“It’s very needed for graduate students to be represented on campus by people that understand who they are and what they go through,” she said.