Motorcycle theft, fraudulent check reported

This is a crime wrapup from Thursday to Sunday.

Credit Card or Debit Card Abuse

UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord said a female staff member reported an unauthorized $2,000 charge to her university procurement card. The bank declined the charge, and there was no loss to the university.

The staff member reported the credit card abuse at about 9 a.m. Thursday on the 500 block of West Third Street, according to the UTA Crime Log.

According to the Texas Penal Code, credit or debit card abuse is a state jail felony. A state jail felony is punishable by a jail term between 180 days and two years, a fine of up to $10,000 or both.

Theft

A male student’s Honda motorcycle incurred $500 worth of damages after an attempted theft, McCord said.

The student made the report at about 4 p.m. Thursday on the 600 block of Summit Avenue, according to the UTA Crime Log.

Attempted theft of $2,500 or more but less than $30,000 is a state jail felony, according to the Texas Penal Code. A state jail felony is punishable by a jail term between 180 days and two years, a fine of up to $10,000 or both.

Theft

A female staff member reported her bicycle stolen at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday on the 500 block of South Nedderman Drive, according to the UTA Crime Log. The bike’s value was estimated to be $500.

Theft of $100 or more but less than $750 is a class B misdemeanor, according to the Texas Penal Code. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000, a jail term not to exceed 180 days or both.

Possession of marijuana

An investigation for possession of marijuana was opened at about 3 p.m. Sunday on the 1500 block of Abram Street, according to the UTA Crime Log.

A UTA police officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation, McCord said. The driver, a nonstudent female, was found to be in possession of marijuana and had multiple warrants out for her arrest.

The driver was taken to the Dalworthington Gardens Police Department jail without incident.

Possession of marijuana under two ounces is a class B misdemeanor, according to the Texas Health Code. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000, a jail term not to exceed 180 days or both.