Crime log

This is a crime wrapup for the week of Oct. 7.

Theft

A male student reported his bicycle stolen at the University Center on Wednesday at about 7 p.m., according to the UTA crime log.

This is the sixth bicycle theft reported since Sept. 12.

The bicycle was valued at about $175, said UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord.

Theft between $100 and $750 is a class B misdemeanor, according to the Texas Penal Code. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000, a jail term not to exceed 180 days or both.

Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon

Two nonstudent males were arrested for warrants and possession of a firearm by a felon at the 200th block of South Cooper Street on Wednesday at about 3:16 a.m., according to the UTA crime log.

McCord said an officer initially stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. The officer arrested the driver for multiple warrants and discovered the passenger was a felon and in possession of a handgun. Both were transported to the Arlington Police Department jail.

According to the Texas Penal Code, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon is a third-degree felony. A third-degree felony is punishable by a jail term between 2 to 10 years and possibly a fine not to exceed $10,000.

Disorderly Conduct — Abuse/Threaten Person in a Public Place

Officers were called to investigate a nonstudent male yelling at individuals near the campus’ Pie Five Pizza Co. on Wednesday at about 2 p.m., according to the UTA crime log.

The individual was not fined or arrested, according to the crime log. McCord said the incident is under investigation.

According to the Texas Penal Code, disorderly conduct is a class C misdemeanor. A class C misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $500.

@DavidSilvaetc