nws.fathersdaystorm.ev

Storm clouds loom overhead June 16 in Fort Worth. The storm was part of a larger storm that produced an EF-1 tornado, according to the National Weather Service, that touched down in Arlington. 

Arlington residents whose homes were damaged during the adverse weather on June 16 will be exempt from permit fees to make repairs.

The Arlington City Council approved the request Tuesday.  

On June 16, an EF-1 tornado touched down in Arlington, according to the National Weather Service.

This waiver is the city’s way of making it easier for affected residents to return to normal following the storm’s aftermath, city manager Trey Yelverton said.

“That storm came in quick, it was unpredicted and all of a sudden turned some lives upside down,” he said. 

Construction, electrical, irrigation, mechanical, plumbing and fencing fees will be waived for permit applications received between June 17 and Sept. 30, according to the resolution.

Ignacio Nuñez, newly-elected district five councilmember, was sworn in for his first meeting as well. 

The next city council meeting will be held Aug. 6 at the City Council Chambers following a council break during July.