default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

UTA Ambassadors exchange T-shirts for UTA gear at Mav Swap

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:00 am | Updated: 6:34 pm, Fri Mar 21, 2014.

Mav Swap is one of the Spirit Week activities sponsored by the UTA Ambassadors.

Mav Swap is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today and noon to 2 p.m. Friday on the University Center mall.

Mav Swap began in 2004 to encourage students to show school spirit. Students, faculty and staff bring T-shirts from other universities and trade them in to get new UTA gear. The old shirts are then donated to Goodwill.

Ms. UTA LaQruishia Gill said the turnout last year was great, T-shirts went pretty quickly and students had a lot of fun.

Communication technology junior Jhamelle Acoff traded his T-shirts from another university at last year’s Mav Swap.

“I gave my UCM [University of Central Missouri] shirt for a new UTA shirt,” he said.

Education sophomore Brittany Miles hasn’t participated before because she didn’t have anything to trade. She said she has been at UTA since her freshman year. She said she wishes the UTA Ambassadors had other items you could donate.

“I would trade off an old UTA shirt, or bring canned goods that could be donated,” she said.

Gill said she looks forward to Mav Swap this year and hopes the turnout is better than last year.

“I want the turnout to be just as good if not better, and I hope that this time there are fewer students saying they wish they’d known about it sooner,” she said.

Follow Ciera on Twitter: @ciera_phillips

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Recent Activity

Featured Classified Ad