default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Out-of-stock bookstore creates hassle for students

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:15 am

Students are still having difficulties getting all of their books this semester because of out-of-stock shelves at the bookstore.

The bookstore will order the out-of-stock books with primary shipping, which can take up to five days, but students should have it within two business days, bookstore director Paul Beaulieu said.

“There is no excuse to be out of stock,” Beaulieu said. “We can get it from other stores with no additional fees to students.”

For students such as industrial engineer sophomore Cynthia Rodriguez, who is still waiting for her auto CAD book, the bookstore couldn't have picked a worse time to be out of stock.

“Class work starts right away and I don’t have the book,” Rodriguez said.

Students can order their books online at the bookstore’s website if the bookstore is out of stock or through the bookstore help desk upstairs in the bookstore.

The bookstore will order out-of-stock books through Follett's other affiliate stores in the area that carry the books on their shelves, Beaulieu said. There are 950 affiliate stores that are associated with Follett and more than 450 digital editions offered for immediate download, he said.

Other students such as kinesiology sophomore Kyle Perkins had no problems at the bookstore, who found all of his books at the expected price.

“Prices are pretty much what I expected,” Perkins said. “They’re pretty competitive with online prices.”

Beaulieu recommends renting textbooks to save money. Renting a book saves a student 50 percent off the marked price, and the book is only due back at the bookstore the Friday after finals.

For additional information, visit the bookstore's website or call 817-272-2785. 

@DrakeLenhan                                                                              Drake.lenhan@mavs.uta.edu

More about

More about

Reference Links

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

1 comment:

• Jackdaniels posted at 11:25 am on Thu, Jan 24, 2013.

Jackdaniels Posts: 1

What do they mean "There's no reason for them to be out of stock.". That doesn't make sense because they are out of stock. I went in the day before school and they didn't have any books for my class. When I went to ask them about it try said they'd get more in five days. Well they still don't have my book. Come to find out, they only ordered two books total for my class of twenty people so only two people had a book the first day. And most of us still don't have them. I guess I will order mine from somewhere more reliable.

Recent Activity

Featured Classified Ad