default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

New vending machines to provide everyday supplies

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:00 pm | Updated: 11:15 am, Fri Jun 28, 2013.

The UTA Bookstore has added two new vending machines on campus.

Usually these vending machines have only Scantrons, but these aren’t like that, store manager Paul Beaulieu said.

“If you’re early and you need a Scantron, and the P.O.D. is closed or you don’t want to walk to the Bookstore, it’s here,” Beaulieu said. “We wanted to expand commodities beyond the four walls of the Bookstore.”

These vending machines are to be stocked with on-demand supplies students may need, from car phone chargers to flash drives.

By fall, there will be three vending machines equipped with such items: in the University Center near the help desk, in the Mavericks Activities Center and inside the Central Library.

“We solicited student feedback,” he said. “We want them to be more student friendly.”

“I like that it’s basically another source for Scantrons, if the P.O.D. has long lines or they run out, and you don’t want to walk all the way to the Bookstore, you can come here,” information systems junior Kai Steussy said.

Steussy said he was only interested in using the machine for Scantrons.

Physics freshman Eric Amador said the machine has everything he would need.

“It’s pretty useful,” Amador said. ”I don’t think it needs anything. It has everything.”

The machines, which will be stocked and functioning by the end of next week, only take cash, Beaulieu said.

“We are looking into retrofitting them to take Mav ID cards as well as debit and credit cards,” he said. “But that won’t happen until well into the fall semester.”

Beaulieu said the Bookstore will continue to watch feedback to determine merchandise stocked in the vending machines.

“As a manager, I am trying to go where the students are,” Beaulieu said.

@hebaysaid

heba.said@mavs.uta.edu

More about

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Recent Activity

Featured Classified Ad