default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Delta Xi Nu sorority to give on AIDS the boot Wednesday

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:00 am

Delta Xi Nu sorority is set to raise AIDS awareness on the Central Library mall with its annual event, Stomp Out AIDS.

From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, the sorority will be on the mall with the Texas Rangers’ mascot, Captain, and guests from 97.9 The Beat.

The health center will partner with the sorority by providing free condoms and AIDS testing to students.

“Anytime a student can get anything free to protect themselves against disease — that is awesome,” said event coordinator Exzavia Hicks.

Local top-40 cover band Sweet Sexy Sugar will provide live music for the event, and disc jockey Tenay from 97.9 The Beat will provide freebies to attendees with the radio station’s street team.

The event is free to students and Hicks estimates at least 400 students will attend.

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Recent Activity

Featured Classified Ad