crime

This is a wrapup of crime for the month of May.

Sexual Assault

A female student made a delayed report of sexual assault at about 11:30 a.m. on May 15 on the 700 block of West Mitchell, according to the UTA Crime Log.

UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord said the alleged sexual assault involved the student’s ex-boyfriend, a male student, while they were in a relationship in 2018 and early 2019.

According to the Texas Penal Code, sexual assault is a second degree felony. A second degree felony is punishable by imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice between two and 20 years, a fine of up to $10,000 or both.

Assault — causes bodily injury

A male student reported an alleged assault by another male student at about 9:30 p.m. on May 16 at the Maverick Activities Center, according to the UTA Crime Log.

McCord said the two students were playing soccer at the MAC when the alleged assault occurred. The victim was transported to Arlington Memorial Hospital due to a laceration on his lip.

The victim did not wish to aid in prosecution, so no arrest was made, McCord said.

Assault causing bodily injury is a class A misdemeanor and is punishable by confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year, a fine not to exceed $4,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Burglary of a habitation

A male nonstudent reported a burglary at about 4 p.m. on May 23 on the 800 block of West Bering, according to the UTA Crime Log.

The victim returned to his apartment and noticed his TV was missing, McCord said. The estimated value of the TV is unknown.

Burglary of a habitation is a second degree felony. A second degree felony is punishable by a jail term between two and 20 years, a fine of up to $10,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Threat — family violence

A male student reported an alleged threat made by his roommate at about noon on May 24 on the 700 block of West Mitchell Circle, according to the UTA Crime Log.

The roommate, a male student, was arrested and transported to the Arlington Police Department Jail without incident, McCord said.

According to the Texas Penal Code, threat of family violence is a class A misdemeanor. A class A misdemeanor is punishable by confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year, a fine not to exceed $4,000 or both.

Aggravated Robbery

On May 29, UTA Police released a crime alert regarding an aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.

According to the UTA crime log, a male student reported an aggravated robbery at about 10:30 a.m. on May 29.

The robbery occurred near the alley between the Garden Club and Maple Square apartments May 28, according to the crime alert. Two male suspects approached the male student in a black sedan with dents on the driver’s side doors. The vehicle was possibly an early 2000s model Chevrolet Impala. The suspects displayed knives, directed the victim to hand over his phone, then demanded “all his money” when the victim refused.

The suspects took approximately $100 from the victim, McCord said.

According to the Texas Penal Code, aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon is a first degree felony and is punishable by imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice between five and 99 years or for life, a fine not to exceed $10,000 or both.