People can take a nice stroll through the park with a leash in one hand and a glass of wine or can of beer in the other.

Take a walk on a short trail around Vandergriff Park while stopping and sampling wine and beer from local breweries. The Yappy Hour Dog Walk is from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Vandergriff Park. Dogs of all ages, sizes and breeds are welcome to the event. Tasty treats also will be given to dogs at each stand so they won’t miss out on the fun either.

After the walk and tasting, food trucks will be set up and other beverages will be available for purchase.

There will be photo booths, dog entertainers from Dog Scouts of America, dog specialty vendors and local veterinarians.

“This is our first time to do this, and we’re really excited about it,” said Susie Traylor, Eunice Activity Center Facility Manager with the Arlington Parks and Recreation Department.

Traylor said they thought it would be nice to do something recreational while also enjoying and spending time with your friends and pup while enjoying a nice trail and some wine.

She said that it will be a fun event for the dog parents to hang out with their dogs for the night.

@swebbyyy