Twins talk telepathy, individuality

Leslee Ramon, marketing and public relations senior, left, and social work senior Lindsay Ramon, right. When comparing styles, Leslee Ramon said she would describe herself as someone who prefers going out and shopping more so than her sister. Overall, the set of fraternal twins have similarities and differences.

Leslee Ramon and Lindsay Ramon are not only twins; they also attend UTA together.

Leslee Ramon, marketing and public relations senior, said she planned to attend UTA, and social work senior Lindsay Ramon planned to attend Angelo State University. However, their mother did not want Leslee Ramon going to a faraway college without her sister.

In the end, they both got accepted into UTA and moved five hours away from their hometown of Poteet, the strawberry capital of Texas, Leslee Ramon said.

Their mother dressed them in matching outfits until they were 5 years old, Leslee Ramon said. They developed their own styles as they grew older and argue when they wear each other’s clothes.

Leslee Ramon said she takes more risks and wears more fashionable clothes than her twin. She describes her style as casual and girly.

During childhood, they shared a bedroom until their brother, Adam Ramon, moved away to college, which was great, Leslee Ramon said.

“In a normal day, it’s easy to trick people,” Lindsay Ramon said.

They swapped places in their senior year of high school, Lindsay Ramon said. However, their band director caught them because Lindsay Ramon played the clarinet and Leslee Ramon played the drums. The twins received in-school suspension as their punishment.

“I’m not sure if my mom was actually even able to be mad because it was so funny,” Adam Ramon said.

Being four years apart from his sisters is a perfect age gap, because it allowed them to grow as individuals, Adam Ramon said.

He can tell his sisters apart because their personalities are different, Adam Ramon said. Leslee Ramon is caring, clean and organized, and Lindsay Ramon is committed, honest and loving.

“Because my mom a long time ago told me to treat them equally, I’ve always made sure to do just that,” Adam Ramon said.

He lives in California but messages his sisters throughout the day, he said.

Separation allows them to experience things on their own, Adam Ramon said. It makes them better people.

They always know what each other is thinking, Leslee Ramon said. Sometimes, her twin says something that she was going to mention.

She said she believes in twin telepathy. When her twin feels sad, she feels sad, too. However, their degrees of emotion may differ.

Sharing is caring, Leslee Ramon said. Having a twin taught her to be unselfish and unspoiled.

“Being a twin helps me have more of a sharing heart, more of an empathetic heart,” Lindsay Ramon said.

They live in an apartment together now, but they have their own bedrooms, allowing them to grow individually, Leslee Ramon said.

Being a twin has its advantages and disadvantages, Leslee Ramon said. Always having somebody to talk to is a plus, but always having someone to fight with is not.

“You always have a friend for life,” Lindsay Ramon said.

Their family and friends compare their education and job experiences, Leslee Ramon said. However, they’re two different individuals with two different paths.

“We were born as twins, so it’s not really a chore,” Lindsay Ramon said. “It’s not really something that I overthink.”

Leslee Ramon said she wants to work at a marketing or public relations corporation, move to a big city and travel the world.

Lindsay Ramon wants to attend graduate school at UTA or UT-Austin and work for Texas Child Protective Services, she said. She wants to be a clinical social worker for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs after schooling.

“I’m just a super, super proud, proud big brother because they’ve done so well to allow their character, their morals and ethics to be properly passed down from our parents and for them to live them out,” Adam Ramon said.

@cassidysisler20