The Gallery at UTA introduced its first art exhibition of the fall semester, which will be open from Tuesday, Sept. 3, through Saturday, Oct. 5.

Works by Denton-based artist Alicia Eggert and Houston-based artist Robert Hodge will be featured weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m for the next five weeks.

Eggert, University of North Texas sculpture program coordinator, focuses on the relationship between language, image and time to create dialogue such as using neon signage to display quotes.

Hodge, named among the Houston Press’ 100 Most Creative People in 2011, explores themes of memory and commemorates African American history through collages.

Additionally, The Gallery at UTA will have an “Artists’ Talks” reception 5:30 to 8 p.m. Sept. 13 with both artists present to discuss their work.

This exhibit is about opening a dialogue, which is constant as opposed to fixed, said Benito Huerta, The Gallery at UTA director.

Huerta said seeing the art in person gives more depth to the work and its meaning.

“You’re not going to get the same experience if you see it through your phone or through the computer,” he said.

@davy10306