The 4th annual Frame4Frame Festival — a three-day art, film and music forum in Arlington — will showcase work from local to foreign artists Friday through Sunday.

The films will begin at 7 p.m. this Friday at Studio Movie Grill on 452 Lincoln Square, said Frame4Frame entertainment publicist Kelly Kitchens. The film festival will host a red carpet event at 5:30 p.m. before the first screening.

The venue provides space to have discussions in the lobby one-on-one with directors, she said.

Frame4Frame will have five film blocks throughout the course of three days. The opening night film will be a 1975 classic called Cooley High, one of the first films to positively portray African Americans that didn’t have to rely on stereotypes in “blaxploitation films” of that era, Kitchens said.

In the city of Arlington, it is important for artists to have a platform to exhibit their creations, she said.

“We [should] expose ourselves to seeing other people’s point of view,” Kitchens said.

There will be a Q&A after each screening where people can get insight on the filmmakers’ mind and develop a fuller picture and understanding of the content.

As a collage artist, Kitchens said it is important that people have outlets to access art.

“If I didn’t have an outlet, I think I would go a little crazy,” Kitchens said.

Frame4Frame is an event that appeals to film enthusiasts and average moviegoers. This event showcases a variety of cinema, from micro-shorts and short films to documentaries and full-length films, she said.

Frame4Frame will be hosting art exhibitions and two music events alongside the film festival. Art exhibitions will be held at the Arlington Museum of Art, and music events will take place at 8 p.m. Friday and Sunday at Arlington Music Hall.

@davy10306