People can’t get enough of the food truck movement spreading around the Metroplex.

Each spring, a selection of food trucks are available in downtown Frisco for the annual StrEATS Festival. It’s a free, family-friendly and pet-friendly event featuring the Metroplex’s most popular gourmet food trucks, live music and a large number of vendor booths. More than 20 unique food trucks will be set up, as well as a beer and wine garden.

This will be the fifth year for the festival. They are expecting an even larger crowd this year.

Chris Johnson, president of the Frisco Downtown Merchants Association, said the Frisco StrEATS event has become a premiere spring attraction in downtown Frisco. There will be 20-30 local vendors and six bands, along with a new arts area featuring local artists and their creative work.

“We are so grateful to our sponsors this year,” added Johnson. “The support we have received allows us to continue to grow the event by offering additional programming, attractions, food trucks, an expanded children’s area and great music.”

He said the music line-up this year features artists such as Moving Colors, with other sets featuring Patrick Casey, Matthew Schaffer, Rich Ellis, Iron Horse Express and Philipaloosa.

“It’s truly a spring celebration of historic downtown, and I know everyone who attends is going to have a great time,” Johnson said.

@swebbyyy