With the new semester kicking off, a little inspiration might be exactly what's needed to get through the day, week or semester. Students share their favorite quotes that give them motivation to keep going.

1. “Do not sit around and wait for somebody to do something someday. Someday is now and that somebody is you.” - Michael Sampson

Business freshman Anna Velazquez

2. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then do what’s possible. And suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -Francis of Assisi 

Political science senior Katie Darmofal

3. “Be kind; for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.” -Ian MacLaren 

Psychology senior Natalie Chamberlain

4. “Inspect what you expect.”

Business management sophomore Dillian Frelow

5. “Hindsight is 20/20.”

English senior Evonna Stewart

6. “Start doing the things that you can do first and then you will realize you can do the impossible.”

Social work grad student Angelina Gritsina

7. “Silent is at times the most eloquent reply.” -Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S. 

Marketing senior Reza Sajjad

8. “It is much easier to strive for perfection when you are never bored.” -Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

Alqahtani Tasneem, Mind, Brain and Education grad student

9. “I got a gloc in my rari.” -Fetty Wap in "679" 

Nursing sophomore Aarti Patil

10. “The day will be what you make it. So rise, like the sun, and burn.” –William C. Hannan 

Nursing sophomore Aarti Patil

11. “How can I contain you, when you contain everything?" Josh White in the song “Enclosed by You.”

Interdisciplinary studies junior Renee Walters

12. “Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that is stupid.” Albert Einstein 

Nursing freshman Makayella Spencer

13. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal - not to people or objects.”- Albert Einstein 

Nursing freshman Kierra Williams

14. “She believed she could, so she did.” -R. S. Grey 

University studies Jalesa Bacon

15. “Only a fool would trip on what’s behind them.” -Monica Murphy 

Nursing junior Amanda Demore

@christianalexb