PY1_Credits_FredericYoung.jpeg

The 81-foot high, pyramid-shaped virtual reality entertainment venue called PY1 illuminates the night sky. PYI is making its US-debut in Arlington. 

This winter, Arlington will host an 81-foot high, pyramid-shaped virtual reality entertainment venue named PY1 outside of Globe Life Park.

A touring venue by Lune Rouge Entertainment, PY1 initially launched in Montreal, Canada, in June. On Dec. 31, it will make its U.S. debut in Arlington, according to a PY1 press release.

The company chose Arlington as its first U.S. city because of its location within the Metroplex, said Cleo Vo-Dai, Lune Rouge Entertainment communications director.

“Dallas is a place that represents America really well,” she said. “Dallas, Arlington and Fort Worth have a population that is extremely art-oriented.”

Lune Rouge Entertainment hopes to capitalize on that attraction by offering a unique, trendy entertainment option within one of the country’s biggest entertainment cities.

Even the location’s pyramid design was built with that goal in mind, Vo-Dai said. Although the pyramid is a well-known geometric shape, it’s current and trendy-looking.

The “destination” will offer three different 50-minute shows featuring a variety of lasers, projections, kinetic stage elements and other special effects, Vo-Dai said.

“Through the Echoes” is the first show, an immersive space-themed multimedia experience. “Stella - The Time Machine Journey” gears itself more toward families and encourages children to dance during the show, according to the press release. The third show, “PY1 Nights,” takes over the pyramid on Saturday and special holiday nights and transforms it into a theatrical dance floor with DJs and drinks.

For all shows, guests are encouraged to dress in costume, she said. The venue offers a total of six different themed worlds.

With PY1, Lune Rouge Entertainment hopes to push the limits of entertainment and pioneer a new type of enjoyment for future audiences, Vo-Dai said.

“We really are here for people with curious minds,” she said. “And for people who want to experience something new.”

Tickets for "Through the Echoes", "Stella - The Time Machine Journey" and the first "PY1 Nights" for New Year's Eve are on sale now at $40.50, $23.50 and $38 respectively.