Students, faculty, staff and alumni can benefit from group exercise classes at the MAC, Assistant Director of Fitness Sineyda Ortiz said in an email.

Of the 53 classes hosted each week, three are free and available to the UTA community, Ortiz said. Unfettered access to all classes can be obtained for a cost of $30 per semester, or they can be purchased individually for $4, Ortiz said.

“The classes are never for a specific body type,” Ortiz said. “They are for all ages and stages of life.”

Free classes to know

TRX, a suspension training body-weight exercise class, challenges participants to hone strength, balance, flexibility and core stability through the user’s own body weight and movements with elastic bands Mondays from noon to 12:50 p.m.

Women on Weights is an informative class that both demonstrates proper weightlifting form and techniques while simultaneously focusing on increasing strength and endurance Wednesdays from 2 to 2:50 p.m.

Fit Fuzion incorporates various drills to work the entire of the body and build overall strength and endurance through calisthenics, suspension and functional training Thursdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.

A class for every age and stage of life

Group fitness instructors are trained to accommodate the skill level of the class and provide intensity levels for participants with varied experience, Ortiz said. Ortiz said classes are offered multiple times each week to help reach individual fitness and endurance goals.

Technical classes, such as the Women on Weights course, are also offered for those who feel uncomfortable lifting free weights on their own, Ortiz said.

Group exercise is offered with a variety of 25 different classes across many different interests, from water aerobics to Bollywood dance or hip-hop cardio, Ortiz said. With a total of 17 trained instructors, students and faculty can find a group exercise class that is tailored to their skill level, Ortiz said.

“There is no right or wrong class that you could attend as long as you come eager to workout with our instructors,” Ortiz said.

@MaxwellHilliard