EXCEL Campus Activities will host its Welcome Back Movie on Friday as part of Maverick Stampede.

EXCEL’s event will include a free screening of Avengers: Endgame, said EXCEL programming director Joseph Ruiz. The film, released in April 2019, has become the highest-grossing worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo.

The event will start at 8 p.m. with three rounds of bingo, allowing students chances to win a variety of different prizes. The movie will follow bingo at 9 p.m. behind the Maverick Activities Center at West Lawn, Ruiz said.

There will be free popcorn and other concessions for sale such as drinks, nachos, pickles, candy and more, he said.

The weather for Friday includes a 20% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, according to the National Weather Service.

In the event of inclement weather, EXCEL has prepared to host the event at the Lone Star Auditorium inside the MAC.

The welcome back movie is the first of three upcoming film events this semester, Ruiz said. The goal of the event is to gather people to come out, watch a movie and help students find their place on campus.

@davy10306

Tags