Division Brewing, Mavericks Bar & Grill support local cause with 2 holiday benefits

Live music and beer combine with the joy of giving in Arlington this weekend.

Biker Gang Booking, an Arlington promotions agency that books local and touring talent in the Metroplex, will present two free benefit shows Saturday and Sunday. The first show is 1 to 11 p.m. Saturday at Division Brewing with help from Arlington Professional Firefighters.

The second show is 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Mavericks Bar & Grill. Both shows are free, but donations are encouraged. All donations will go to SafeHaven of Tarrant County.

Max Cronen, Biker Gang Booking founder, said he wanted to contribute to something greater by bringing the community together and playing some music on the side.

Six reasons to go to Biker Gang Booking’s benefit shows:

1. Donations help less fortunate families receive Christmas presents

Cronen said the benefit shows’ purpose is to donate to the Santa Sack drive at SafeHaven of Tarrant County. Donated toys, games, clothing, puzzles and more are displayed where mothers at the women’s shelter can choose and wrap presents for their children. Children can also pick out and wrap presents for their mothers.

2. Visitors can donate various items

Cronen encourages attendees to bring gifts, such as toys, books, games, puzzles, gift cards, electronics, purses, scarves or any other items attendees would like to see under their own tree.

Need-based items such as these are also encouraged: canned food, women’s and children’s coats and jackets, children’s shoes, underwear and socks for teen boys, body wash, cold and cough medicine, and baby bath tubs.

At Division Brewing, donations will be gathered under an Arlington Professional Fire Fighter’s tent.

Cronen suggests visitors introduce themselves to firefighters. At Mavericks Bar & Grill, donations will be collected at the door. Both shows accept cash donations as well.

3. Listen to live, local music

Visitors can listen to Arlington-based bands play from many music genres, including indie-alternative, experimental psychedelic and math-rock.

Saturday’s lineup includes Daisy, Moonlight Native, Beneath The Waves and Cody Lynn Boyd. Trick Burn, Gossamer, Abelia, DTB and Stannis The Mannis will perform Sunday. Cronen said visitors can expect to hear original music and Christmas carols.

4. At Division Brewing, one toy equals one free beer

Although cash donations are graciously accepted, all donors will receive a free beer of their choice. Division Brewing owner Wade Wadlington suggests the “X-mas Morning” brew.

5. Both locations are less than a mile from campus

Division Brewing and Mavericks Bar & Grill are on Main Street, about a five-minute drive or a 20-minute walk from campus.

6. The event is in Arlington, for Arlington

The event is centered around Arlington, Cronen said. It’s hosted by two local businesses, the music will mostly be played by local artists, and the proceeds are donated SafeHaven of Tarrant County. Kevin Leverette, Arlington Professional Firefighters second vice president, said the department is always looking for new ways to get involved in the community.

“It’s what we do on and off duty, and love doing it,” Leverette said in an email.

@arianamariel_

Life & entertainment reporter