New shack shakes up Dallas.

Shake Shack is opening its first location in the Metroplex Sept. 1. This will be their third Texas location.

“Dallas has a vibrant and growing culinary scene that we knew we wanted to be a part of,” said Abigail Knoff, Shake Shack marketing and communications manager.

Shake Shack got its start in Manhattan as a hot dog cart in 2001, according to their website.

The burger-based restaurant has many fans and loyalists across the nation. Nearly half a million photos have been posted with the hashtag #shakeshack on Instagram.

For those not familiar with the shack, Knoff said people can expect to be greeted at the Uptown Dallas location with a smile and a delicious meal.

“Shake Shack is a warm, inviting neighborhood spot where guests can kick back with a burger and hang out,” she said.

The Dallas Shake Shack location is unique because it has glass architecture and their menu reflects the area. The Link Burger is topped with cult-favorite Pecan Lodge’s jalapeño cheese sausage link.

Many people are anticipating Shake Shack’s opening day, including UTA students.

Business marketing junior Toriq Ahmed said he’s had Shake Shack in Austin and in Las Vegas. He said the burgers and the fries are good and have a higher-quality taste than other burger chains. Ahmed has not tried their shakes, but he said he’s looking forward to crossing it off his list at the new location.

Ahmed lives in Fort Worth but frequently goes to Dallas to enjoy the culture and nightlife. He said Uptown is a great location for Shake Shack.

Shakes and sodas aren’t the only thing to wash down a meal at Shake Shack. The restaurant will have a selection of local craft beer and wine available.

Industrial engineer senior Alex McVicker said she particularly loves burger places and has tried Shake Shack once before in Chicago about a year ago.

What left the biggest impression on McVicker was the large portions and the fact that the food she ordered looked exactly like its photo.

“My mouth is watering just thinking about it,” she said.

McVicker said she’s willing to make the drive from Arlington to Dallas for Shake Shack and said everyone should go to try it.

Knoff’s only recommendations for new patrons is to come hungry.

@Carla_Zano