It’s beginning to look like Christmas in Arlington.

In anticipation of the annual Holiday Lights Parade, Arlington installed a 20,000-pound, 65-foot artificial Christmas tree near the Levitt Pavilion in Founders Plaza.

Arlington will celebrate Christmas with its annual Holiday Lights Parade Dec. 14 in Downtown Arlington.

The event will host a variety of activities, including live music, free games, a screening of Disney’s The Santa Clause (1994) and photo opportunities with Santa and in front of the Christmas tree.

The tree, which is one of the largest in the state, was dedicated and lit for the holiday season on Monday. Topped with a seven-foot star, it features thousands of lights and an assortment of red and silver ornaments.

“The new artificial tree aligns with our city council’s mission to revitalize downtown and make sure the heart of our city is a place people want to visit,” Arlington Mayor Jeff Williams said.

The Arlington Holiday Lights Parade, a nonprofit organization, hosts and organizes the festivities each year. The nonprofit purchased the Christmas tree with a $250,000 grant from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation and is using donations and sponsorships to cover long-term maintenance costs.

“We hope that seeing the Christmas tree helps people kick off the Christmas season in their hearts,” said Elle Stubbs, Arlington Christmas Parade Inc. board member and Arlington Parade of Lights director, in the press release.