The 67th Annual Emmy Awards: A night where all of our favorite TV stars get dressed up and receive awards for being the wonderful, entertaining people they are. My favorite part? How we as an audience all pretty much admit to binge-watching every show.

Even the host of this year's show, Andy Samberg, admitted to watching each show currently on air through his introduction song. 

If you weren't able to catch the Emmy's last night, here are some things you missed. 

1. Viola Davis is the first black woman to win an Emmy for Lead Actress in a drama. 

Davis quoted Harriet Tubman in her speech.

“‘In my dreams and visions, I seemed to see a line, and on the other side of that line were green fields and lovely flowers and beautiful white ladies, who stretched out their arms to me over the line, but I couldn’t reach them no-how,' ” Davis said.

She then gave a shoutout to the working black women today, such as fellow nominee Taraji P. Henson, "Scandal" star Kerry Washington and Halle Berry, and thanked the black women that helped women of color make it across that line.

"The only thing that separates women of color and everyone else is opportunity. You cannot win an Emmy for roles that simply are not there," Viola Davis.

2. There was a strong transgender awareness presence during the comedy portion of the awards show.

Jill Soloway, director and writer of "Transparent," advocated for transgender rights during her acceptance speech. Soloway wants to raise awareness for the equal transgender bill that soon will be up for a vote in Congress.

Jeffrey Tambor, best lead actor in a comedy series for "Transparent," said, "I'd like to dedicate my performance and this award to the transgender community. Thank you for your courage. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your stories. Thank you for your inspiration. Thank you for letting us be a part of the change."

Even though "Transparent" is a comedy series, I appreciated the way everyone involved with the show took the time to make their awards about something much bigger. 

3. Spoiler Alert.

Two words the Emmy's forgot before showing footage of all the series finales from shows that ended this year. The video presentation aired the final scenes from several shows, including "Mad Men," "Glee," "The Newsroom," "Nurse Jackie," "Boardwalk," "Empire," "Sons of Anarchy," "Parks and Recreation" and "Justified."

So, if you want to see who dies at the ends of these shows, just watch the video. #ThanksEmmys

4. "Olive Kitteridge" won 6 Emmys.

HBO’s “Olive Kitteridge” won six Emmys including best limited series.

Lead actress Frances McDormand, lead actor Richard Jenkins and supporting actor Bill Murray also won in addition to Lisa Cholodenko for outstanding directing in a limited series and Jane Anderson for writing in a limited series.

I've never heard of this show before, but it's based on a book, which is usually right up my alley. "Olive Kitteridge" looks like something I need to watch based on all of the awards it won. 

5. Uzo Aduba won outstanding supporting actress in a drama for "Orange is the New Black." 

Last year, she won the same award for the same role, but "Orange is the New Black" was then considered a comedy. Uzo Aduba plays Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren on "Orange is the New Black." Her thank-you speech was emotional and heartfelt. It was the sweetest acceptance speech I saw all night.

"I love you because you let me be me," Aduba said, as she accepted her Emmy. 

Keep doing you, Uzo. The world needs more people like you. 

@annaxgabriela

anna.gutierrez28@mavs.uta.edu