There are a million things that can help get you in the holiday spirit. Music is definitely one of them. If you're looking for music that will please any audience, check out the Pulse 2012 holiday playlist.

1. "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby - Let’s be real here. No best of list can be complete without Bing Crosby’s performance of this Irving Berlin classic. Not only was it featured in one of the best Christmas movies of all time, but it is also the highest-selling single of all time. 
  2. "Christmas for Cowboys" by John Denver - John Denver is a legend among his followers, and ever the purveyor of the more simplistic lifestyle, "Christmas for Cowboys" tells the tale of his experience of Christmas on the plains. It sounds ever so longing and leaves you feeling warm, thankful and transcendental. 
  3. "Merry Christmas from the Family" by Robert Earl Keen - Telling the story of a lovably white-trash family, "Merry Christmas from the Family" still manages to tell the story of an idyllic Christmas, despite being slightly racist and reminiscent of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. 
  4. "Christmas Time is Here" by Vince Guaraldi Trio - The song played during after the iconic speech given by Linus in A Charlie Brown Christmas, the vocal version of this song is ethereal and warm and can somehow make even the darkest and coldest of winter nights seem not so bad.
  5. "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo" by Trans Siberian Orchestra - The song that initially started the heavy metal Christmas craze, Trans Siberian Orchestra is the alter ego of two members of 80’s heavy metal band Savatage, so look them up and get learned.
  6. "Silver Bells" by NazcarNation - Complete with hip hop drums and gang chants of “Hey,” electro-surf outfit NazcarNation have created easily the most interesting cover of "Silver Bells" I’ve ever heard. With ringing, atmospheric guitars and bright synths, this is a staple for your next Christmas party. Happy holidays from the island.
  7. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Death Cab for Cutie - It’s impossible not to love Death Cab for Cutie’s sweet indie pop rock, especially not when it’s retrofitted for a performance of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)." Ben Gibbard’s ringing tenor make the refrain all the more real. 
  8. "Winter Wonderland" by Johnny Mathis - Johnny Mathis’ voice made me laugh as a child as he simply sounded too happy and nice to be human. However, it’s this very memory, paired with the fact that Mathis is a wonderful performer, that makes this song so warm and sentimental. 
  9. "Happy Holidays Y’all" by Robert Earl Keen - Robert Earl Keen’s second addition to the list, he returns to the same slightly dysfunctional family featured in "Merry Christmas from the Family," but this time it’s even funnier. Check some sweet gift ideas around the 1:45 mark. 
  10. "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole - By far the greatest Christmas song ever written, every single line is perfect. This song somehow sets the perfect mood for that relaxed moment late on Christmas Eve when everyone is cozy by the fire enjoying the company of friends and loved ones. If you need a little help feeling festive, stop what you’re doing, put on this song, close your eyes and remember Christmases past.