Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones in 2008 at the Berlin Film Festival's world premiere of Martin Scorsese's documentary film Shine A Light. 

The UTA A Cappella Choir will perform alongside the English rock band the Rolling Stones this weekend in front of a large audience of dedicated fans and rock lovers.

The performance is a part of the band's 'Zip Code' tour, and will take place 8 p.m. Saturday at the AT&T Stadium. Karen Kenaston-French, associate music professor and director of Choral Activities, said the choir was recommended to the band by an anonymous source.

"I'm really proud of them," Kenaston-French said. "I don't know if I was really surprised, because the choir has been getting a lot of exposure from a lot of areas recently." 

Kenaston-French said that 24 students were selected out of the 48-person choir by recent graduates from the music program, with the graduates set to conduct the choir on stage during the performance. Kenaston-French said people started to notice the choir's involvement with the Rolling Stones as they drew closer to the date. 

"I don't think I've really realized how huge it was until we came closer to it," she said. "Then people started going nuts." 

Kenaston-French will be watching the choir from the audience as they perform. 

"This is an experience of a lifetime for the students," she said. 

Students can buy tickets for the concert while they're still available at attstadium.com

@dDUnn87

davidadunn@mavs.uta.edu