• Updated
  • 0

When Wendy Davis ran for Texas Governor in the 2014 race, a conversation about turning Texas “blue” or “purple” emerged. She lost, but the conversation cannot be discussed without acknowledging the Latino voter.

• Updated
  • 0

The first episode of the Arlington Distorted podcast was recorded on a small 8-track Pocketstudio in alumnus Victor Toruno’s living room. His dogs were barking in the background and his roommates had to climb over audio and electrical cables to get to their rooms.   

• 0

Different variations of the classic “little black dress” and more are on display at the Kimbell Art Museum. Lace, silk, organza and taffeta are a few of the black fabrics that make up the garments featured in the Balenciaga in Black exhibit.

• Updated
  • 1

Common reactions at Splash Mountain include people screaming at the top of their lungs before it takes a deep plunge down the tracks.

• 0

Hundreds of people gathered Oct. 7 for the Buffalo Tree Festival in the Main Street Garden of Dallas. There were a variety of bands that performed and attendees heard from the Dallas County Democratic Party which hoped to raise awareness of the importance of voter registration. The festival …

• 0

Music chair Dan Cavanagh hosts Mix Tape Tuesdays at Urban Alchemy Coffee + Wine Bar on the first Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.

• 0

The exhibition titled “Made in Italy” at the Arlington Museum of Art showcases photography from eight UTA students. The photos were taken in Italy during the summer study abroad program under the guidance of photography professor Kenda North and associate professor Gregory Scott Cook. Alumna…

• 0

• 0

As alumna Kayla Donaldson moved into the middle of her sophomore year, she had to make the tough decision to quit her softball team because of a surgery which prevented her from playing.

• 1

Checking a text message or scrolling through Instagram on the walk to the parking lot at night can make students vulnerable to a possible attack. 

• 0

In between squats, jumps and claps, Michelle Carone asks her Zumba class though her wireless microphone, “Are we sweating?”

• 0

Sexual health on college campuses becomes an important issue as sexually transmitted disease rates reach an all-time high, with 2 million new recorded cases according to the latest report in a press release by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!